sexta-feira, 19 de novembro de 2010

DIFERENT KINDS OF FOOD.

KINDS OF FOOD.

Raw Food
Certain cultures highlight animal and vegetable foods in their raw state. Salads consisting of raw vegetables or fruits are common in many cuisines. Sashimi in Japanese cuisine consists of raw sliced fish or other meat, and sushi often incorporates raw fish or seafood. Steak tartare and salmon tartare are dishes made from diced or ground raw beef or salmon, mixed with various ingredients and served with baguette, brioche or frites. In Italy, carpaccio is a dish of very thin sliced raw beef, drizzled with a vinaigrette made with olive oil. A ceviche is a Latin American dish made with raw meat that is "cooked" from the highly acidic citric juice from lemons and limes along with other aromatics such as garlic.

                                              Japanese Food
 Soba and Udon- They can be eaten hot or cold. Soba noodles are made of buckwheat and thought to have originated in China. Udon noodles are made by mixing flour with salt water, then kneading, stretching, and cutting the dough into strips.


Sushi is one of the most popular dishes in Japan. The two main types of sushi are nigiri-zushi and norimaki. The nigiri type has slices of raw or cooked fish on sushi rice. Norimaki has pieces of fish and/or vegetables rolled with rice in nori (dried seaweed). People eat sushi at a sushi-ya or some prefer to eat at a kaiten sushi-ya which has plates of sushi that pass in front of the customers on a conveyor belt.
 
 
German Dish
Currywurst, a large-format fried or grilled sausage cut into thick slices and seasoned with spicy ketchup and generous amounts of curry powder, usually served with french fries — a popular snack originating in early 1950s Berlin. ) Currywurst remains one of most popular fast foods in Germany, especially in Berlin the Rhine-Ruhr area, but the Döner kebab is gaining rapidly in popularity.



Korean Dish
Samgyetang (삼계 탕): a soup made with Cornish game hens that are stuffed with ginseng, glutinous rice, jujubes, garlic, and chestnuts. The soup is traditionally eaten in the summer.
 
United State.- New Mexico
Refried beans is a dish of cooked and mashed beans and is a traditional staple of Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine, although each cuisine has a somewhat different approach when making the dish.

Brazil- Tapuru
It is a very common species of worm in the Amazon. Some people use the "Tapuru" as food. Some people eat the worm raw (with olive oil and lemon) or cooked. Very rich in nutrients, "Tapuru" is ideal for a healthy diet.

China- Insects
The Chinese diversify and experiment with tasty dishes with various insects that we find disgusting, but for them, are juicy. Eating fried insects is fun in China. Many insects highly nutritious, scientifically evaluated, have been cataloged. Already exceed 1,000 species edible insects, including cockroaches, crickets, grasshoppers, beetles and centipedes. Researchers want to popularize the practice of food consumption by the high nutritional value that has the bugs and also to combat hunger in the world. In the future, scientists say, the insects will be used to feed all of humanity.





 
 
 
 
 
1 - Have you ever tried any of these foods? If yes, which one?
2 - What is your favorite  kind of food? Why?
3 - If you would go to China, would you eat cockroaches, crickets, grasshoppers, beetles and centipedes?
4 - Write a different food from a country that was not spoken.

7 comentários:

  1. Millaaaaaaaa! What an interesting post! Congrats!

    Well, I've never tried any of these foods...some of them seem good but others looks very strange!
    I don't know exactly what's my favorite food...I guess it's pizza and pasta. But now I avoid them, because of my health.

    Ah, the most different food I tasted was the French escargot(a kind of snail), I ate it only once, the taste was good but the food was difficult to swallow! I ate octopus too!

    Cheers = )

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Samilla, very good post!!! I enjoyed it.

    Well, the only kind of food in this post I've tried is sushi. I really love to eat it.

    My favorite kind of food is Italian. I love pizza and pasta. I have to eat it at least once a week.

    I'll never eat insects. It's disgusting in my opinion.

    In my country we have many different dishes, especially in Pará, as Maniçoba and Tacacá.

    See ya!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. I've tried one of those foods, but I know it as "turu" and not tapuru because tapuru is dirty animal!!!! I do not know. Turu grows up in trees and they are supposed to be aphrodisiac... some say...
    I don't liek japonese foods, but I"ve tried a mexican food called "taco" it is very delicious!

    However, prefer to eat my brasilian foods. They are wonderful!!

    ResponderExcluir
  4. I don't like to try different kind of foods.I prefer to eat usual foods like rice, meat, salad,beans.And fast foods like pizza, hot dog, milkshake, etc.
    Like Juli I know 'turu" but I've never tried it.My father used to eat it.
    I love tacacá like Carol said, all foods that we can find here in Pará.
    I never try chinese food like insects.
    Congrats Samilla.

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Congratulations for your post Milla! Very interesting!

    Well, I've tried sushi, but I haven't liked it. I have many favorite foods, such as: maniçoba, chocolate cake, cheesecake, brigadeiro, ice cream, lasanha of shrimps or chiken, dobradinha...Ow my I'm starving!!

    I'd never ever ever eat cockroaches, crickets, grasshoppers, beetles and centipedes!!!! It's not part of my culture...so definitively no!!No way!

    Well, a different food from my country that I love is dobradinha (the ox's viscera).

    See u!

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Hello Samilla,

    Well, to be honest, I wouldn't like to try any of these foods, I'm very open to new experiences but these foods are very exotic! I would never eat cockroaches, for sure. My favorite kind of food is of course brazilian, I love our food so much specially the tipical foods from Belém such as tacacá, duck no tucupi and açaí, I loove açaí. I've already eaten mexican food and I liked it. I proved burritos which is a food made of wheat filled with meat, chicken or others, and nachos also made of wheat fried with guacamole sauce. When it's possible I eat it.

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Hello!!


    Well, i've only tried sushi, and i dont like it very much.Like Alexandre, i wouldnt like to taste this kind of foods...speccialy insects...argh :P

    My favourite is pasta.. i just love it. And,im really addicted to french fries...hummm, i'd never refuse it.rsrs

    ResponderExcluir