sexta-feira, 5 de novembro de 2010

Top Cities to visit in the USA

 American Dream

      When we think about the USA a lot of images come to our minds: The statue of Liberty, Disney world, Broadway, Central Park, Hollywood, The White House and so on. The USA are the third largest country in the world has many amazing cities and plenty of natural attractions to see. There are a huge number of unique and beautiful cities in America that absolutely worth the trip. We, students of English, have this wish of visiting America, the land of opportunity. We do all we can to make this dream come true, at least, in the end of the course: we save (a lot of) money, get a passport, try to get the visa, buy some fancy clothes, save more money. But all of this is worth because only who visited the USA knows what it’s like to be in America. Here, I list some interesting and famous cities to visit there. Take a look and choose your city.


New York

      I think everybody would agree that New York is one of the most fascinating cities not only in the USA but in the entire world. What makes it so fascinating? First, of course, its architecture with a hundred of buildings like The Empire StateManhattan skyline is absolutely incredible. Second, its multicultural personality – New York is a true melting pot of ethnicities and cultures. You can find many restaurants, the best hotels, museums and theaters concentrated in such a small land which is Manhattan. Besides this, New York is known as a city with many landmarks for all kind of tourists: the Central Park, a public greenspace and park in the heart of Manhattan; The statue of Liberty, a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island; Broadway which is famous as the pinnacle of the American Theater; The Time Square and many other places. Besides Manhattan, there are four other boroughs in New York with plenty of things to do and to see.


Washington DC

      The city is particularly glorious in spring, when its many gardens and park are in bloom. While visiting the White House, take the White House Garden tour and view the Jacqueline Kennedy Garden and Rose Garden – they are absolutely splendid. Sightseeing in Washington DC wouldn’t cost much – most of Washington DC museums and memorials are free. Take a ride to the top of the Washington Monument to see spectacular views of the city and surroundings. Stroll cobblestone streets of Georgetown, the city’s most beautiful neighborhood with great restaurants, bars, nightclubs, and shops.



Miami

     America’s Riviera with 10 miles of wide white sandy beaches, delightful art deco architecture, trendy hotels, fancy restaurants and hot party scene – this is Miami. Plus, a huge Latin American cultural inheritance – in some Miami neighborhoods you could easily forget that you are in the United States. If you don’t have a chance to go to Cuba, a short trip to Little Havana in Miami could give you a little glimpse of the Caribbean jewel: aroma of Cuban coffee and cigars, pulsating Cuban music, art and craft, very authentic restaurants and colorful storefronts.



Orlando
     Orlando being home to the largest amusement park in the world has to be on this list of cities to visit in America. Walt Disney World is the most visited recreational resort in the world, and don’t be mistaken it is not only for children, adults have plenty of fun in Disney World as well. Besides famous Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld, Orlando offers plenty of different entertainment, great dining and even museums – the most comprehensive collection of Tiffany art is in Charles Hosmer Morse Museum in Orlando.



Los Angeles

      Hollywood and Beverly Hills, Malibu and Sunset Boulevard – these places are famous all around the world. Hollywood is known as the center of movie studios and the residence of the American movie stars. Who wouldn’t like to know where the masons of the famous celebrities are in Hollywood and take a ride on the Sunset Boulevard or watch the sunset on Malibu beach with a glass of California Pinot? If you’ve never done it, you should! Besides famous attractions and intensive nightlife, Los Angeles has great surroundings to explore. Just take a road trip to Santa Barbara and you’ll witness a breathtaking beauty of South California.



What is the most beautiful city in the United States?

Which city in America would you like to visit? Why?

Is there another city that you want to know? Which one?

Share with us your plans to travel to the United States!!



by Alexandre Ferreira


8 comentários:

  1. Which city in America would you like to visit? Why?

    Well, I'd love to visit any of the cities you mentioned,they are all beautiful I can not decide one among them. But If I had the chance to choose, I'd like to go to another continent...europe...Some city in UK...I do not know exactly what city...Besides that, canada is also an interesting place to visit, study, and improve our English.

    Hugs Alê!!
    Nice post!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Alex!!!!! Congrats for the post!

    Well... I don't know which city is the most beautiful, because all of them are really wonderful! To visit I'd choose Miami because it is a mix of the U.S and Latin America; this idea attracts me a lot. I'd also like to visit Los Angeles because it is in California and I'm just crazy for this state and its people.

    Hugs = )

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Very nice post Alexandre!!!!!

    Well, I don't know what is the most beautiful city in USA, because I've never been there... hehehe, but I really want to visit Orlando. I love amusement parks, and I dream of visit Disney since I was a child.
    After visiting Disney, I want to go to New York, Miami... those famous places we see in movies.
    But besides everything I really wanted to be an exchange student, to live with an American family and study English.

    See you friend!

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Hello Alexandre!!! Your post is so nice!!! Congratulations.

    Well, I want to visit Miami, because I think it is the most beautiful city in the USA. I intend to visit Toronto in Canada when I finesh my graduation.
    But I really like to travel for Orlando to know Disney world. It´s my American dream ^^


    See you!

    ResponderExcluir
  5. The most beautiful city in USA is Atlanta, there's something in this city that really draws me, it's rather emotional than anything else, this was the first city i ever visited in USA, it's not what you call a giantic city but it's so organized and modern and its history is dazzling. The fact that the city was once totally destroyed (in the civil war) and rebuilt by people's will to work and win amazes me.

    I'd like to visit salt lake city, i hear this city is terrific, all my friends who have been to this place come back with unforgetale experiences to tell.

    I've been to USA a couple of times but i'm not planning on coming back, i'm planning on going to Canada next time i get a chance to travel to a foreign country.

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Alex, your post is pretty good!!!!
    To be honest, I'd love to visit all the cities that you posted on the blog. They are so amazing!!! It is almost impossible to choose only one.In my opinon it would a goord idea if each one of us could visit these cities together.Who knows??

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Well,I'd like to visit California, because I love beaches. And I'd like to visit Los Angeles too, it is beautiful with the lights and beautiful people ahahha. And if I have time I'll go to Orlando take photos with Minnie and Mickey hehehehe.
    Congratulations .Alê

    ResponderExcluir
  8. Hello Alexandre!

    Very nice post, i loved it!

    Well, i just can give my opinion about the most beautiful city after visit all of them, hehe. But i think NY is one of the most interesting one. Id love to go there. So, we should start planning our tour. Im sure we will make this dream come true. =]

    ResponderExcluir