sexta-feira, 12 de novembro de 2010

The Evolution Of Cell Phones




The cell phone is one gadget that more and more people are putting in their pockets. Though unheard of in the earlier parts of the past decade, the capability and marketability of a cell phone is making it a must have item for many.

Cell phones used to be just analog phones, with the sole purpose of providing the consumer with the capability of making and receiving voice calls while on the road. An innovation in the form of text messaging followed. Many people saw the convenience in a cheaper means of sending a short message without making a call. As messages got more and more creative in design, there were more and more additions being made to the capabilities of a cell phone. Text messages soon had the ability to make their way into email. Graphics were integrated into text messages.

It was roughly during these points when cell phones were being recognized not as status symbols, but as practical alternatives to communication. The costs of a text message were far lower than making a phone call, either through a cell phone or a regular phone. Many people resorted to sending text messages instead of literally spending a few seconds on the phone to relay a 10-second message.

 

Many companies have seen the growing significance of the cell phone in a common person's life. In addition to enhancing the communication capabilities of their products, they added so many extra features to what was already sought by the public. For example, many of these Cell phone companies made it a priority to dazzle consumers with something beyond just a black-and-white cell phone display. Suddenly there were many cell phones out in the market with colored display, making them more attractive to the public. Nowadays you can have the best screen resolution for a cell phone that will rival LCD quality.



Other enhancements followed, and these enhancements are nothing but amazing. Who would have thought that digital cameras could be integrated into cell phones? People now have the capability of having a means of communication and a point-and-shoot camera at the same time.
Who would have thought of adding an MP3 player into a cell phone? This made cell phones literal mobile entertainment systems! Then the idea of giving a cell phone the ability to access the internet was materialized. Everyone can now be contacted anywhere and can be updated with the latest news and email on the go!


As the public embrace the innovation from all these additions to their cell phones, they are now looking for devices that appeals to their fashion sense .Thus, a new craze for designer phones began. Companies started integrating visual appeal to their products, while avoiding any compromise to the enhancements that they add.
With the demands of the public being so unpredictable, who knows what will be the next generation of mobile phones ? There are definitely so many possibilities. But one thing's for sure: We're all waiting. We're all excited.

Answer these questions:
Do you like cellphones? (because some people don't...)
Do you often find yourself using some other handheld phone features than calling? if yes, what features?
Do you think you can live without a cellphone?
Is the cellphone evolution really necessary? 

By Rhenan

5 comentários:

  1. Very interesting post Rhenan!
    I like cell phones, but for me if it calls and receives text messages it's ok! I used to desire a wonderful cell phone, but I think it's kind of dangerous, I mean a thieve may steal it from me (it happened once). But I like it, it is really useful in my life.
    I think I cannot live without cell phone, because as I said before, it's such a useful tool in my life (mailny because I don't have a phone at home). I use my cell phone to get in touch with my dad (who lives far from here) and my family in general. And I often need it to talk to friends and colleagues...there are other ways (internet, etc) to talk to them but the cell phone is essential!!!!!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Hello Rhenan!!! Very nice post!!!

    I really like cellphones, because we can do everything with a good one. I don't use cellphones only to make phone calls. I like to use it to surf in the internet. My cellphone is my camera, my agenda, my computer, etc. I cant't live without my cellphone!!! But I have to take care about it. The evolution of technology is important to make our daily life more comfortable.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Hello Rhenan,
    Nice Post, congratulations. I like cellphones, and also use it as my alarm clock, and to remember important things. Besides that, I only use it to make/receive call and to send/receive text messages. As Kamilla I don't have a home phone, so my cellphone is very important to keep in touch with friend, family, and job stuff...As well as to tell my family that I'm ok when I'm out, or to ask for help...rsrsrsr

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Hello,

    well, I like cellhones very much because you can use it to do many things. As Lucy, I use my cellphone as an alarm clock, it's important for me because I work every day and I have to be on time there; I also use it to listen to music when I am in a boring place just to relax; and of course I make a lot of phone calls during the day to the people I work or study with, it's necessary in my case because it's so much better and practise. I think that nowadays people can't live without cellphone, and I'm not complaining. In my opinion we must "embrace" all the kinds of technologic because they are made to make our lives better and easier.

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Hello Renan

    To be honest, i dont really like cellphones, i just heve it cause nowadays its very necessary. But i dont like to spend much money with it. I just call people when i have somethin really important to say. My cellphone is more to receive calls and text messages.Its a very simple one. Ive lost almost three. and two were stoled rs.

    I dont think this evolution is really necessary...its just to wast money buying this kind of stuff hehehe.

    kidding.

    Nice post.

    ResponderExcluir