quinta-feira, 25 de novembro de 2010

The History of Tattoo

Tattoo: a tradition with different meanings.


                   Rebellion, personality, history. These can be one of the few words that can define the meaning of tattooing among us. In the context of contemporary society, individualism leads many people to make your skin the local registry of ideas, values or simple vanity. One of the most popular records we have about tattoos is the English Captain James Cook when he was trying to get in touch with the natives of Tahiti.



                   The people of that region designated the habit definitely paint the skin to "tatau", because of the noise produced by the instruments used in the manufacture of their tattoos. 
However, we can not say they were the first to develop such a habit. The man of Ötzi with some over 5,300 years, was the envy of any aficionado of tattoos today. On her body were found over fifty tattoos, according to some scholars, had religious meanings.



                     The practice of tattooing was also reported between the Egyptians and the Picts, an ancient civilization of northern Europe. 
In Brazil, several indigenous tribes bore tattoos. And the Wauja Kadiwéus are some of the indigenous peoples who used paint to express final rites of passage and reverence to some elements of nature. Despite the existence of the tattoo, this habit has not become popular on account of indigenous cultures.


                  Were the British sailors, through contact with the Polynesians who spread this practice throughout the world. 
Reproduction of sea beasts, skulls and vessels showed the adventures of the men who launched the sea. Since the same subjects of little financial condition or social influence, have made something popular among the tattoo ghettos, brothels and taverns frequented by the ‘scum’, ie the unemployed, street fighters, criminals and prostitutes.


                       That tone was marginal given the tattoo also meant that bodies were tattooed on the attractions guaranteed presence of so-called circus freak shows. It was only in the second half of the twentieth century that tattooing has incorporated the ideals of Western culture. His tone contesting surpassed barriers becoming a symbol of courage and personality.















                           Personal reasons, delicate and soft also entered the world of tattoos. Men and older women also tattooed their bodies today. She no longer an exclusive item of a youth culture to become an avenue of expression of subjectivity.
                                                           





















What do you think about tattoos?
Do you have a tattoo? 
What is your tattoo? 
Where is your tattoo?
 or
Would you like to make a tattoo?
If yes, what would you like to  do?

                                              By Nicolly Favacho

9 comentários:

  1. Hey Nico! Interesting post!

    Well, I don't know exactly what to think about tatoos... I think people have tatoos to express themselves: to show feelings, pay homage to other people etc. When I was a teenager I used to think about having a tatoo, but adult life came and I didn't want it anymore... I don't have a tattoo, but if I'd have one I'd probably choose a dolphin, a butterfly or a star.

    See you!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Nicoo!!! You talked about a good and polemic topic!!! As you know, I love tattoos and in my point of view they have speacial meaning for those have them.They can symbolizes: love. sadness,victory,etc.It is all up to us!! I have a tattoo, but now i can not stand it anymore because it was made in a time that i did not think better (huahauauhu), so I'd like to make another tattoo, even more beatiful hehehe

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Nico, very interesting post!!!!

    Well, in my opinion tattoos represents your personality.
    I don't have a tattoo and I don't have the courage to make one, but some of them are really beautiful. I like those delicated ones, like that star on the girl's neck.

    It was really good to learn about the history of tattoos.

    See you dear!

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Hello Nico!!! Your post it is very interesting!

    Well, I love tattoo so much. If I can, I´ll make a lot of tattoos, rsrsrsrsrrs
    So, I have one in my neck, it is Pucca (the japanese´s doll). I always want to make a tatto but I didn´t make sure. So in my birthday, Nico and her boyfriend (Rafael) gave me a gift It was my tattoo and I loved so much.

    So... Thanks Nico and Rafa, I´ll never forget this gift!!!


    Kiss ^^

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Nicotina!!!
    Very interesting post girl!!
    You hit the nail on the head!!I love tattos, and I'm thinking about mine since high school(17 years old). Since that time I'm aware that tattos are forever, and that's why I haven't done it when I was a teenager. But now, I'm "bulding", that is, creating my own tatto because I want an orinal one, and also I don't wanna walk around and find someone with the SAME tattoo!!
    It will be about myself, since we're all unique, our tattoo should also be unique, something important for, this way later you will not regret about it. That's my personal opinion!

    I do not judge people who get tattoos just for fun, it depends of each person...

    So, Nico, soon I'll be finishing my tattoo, and I'm gonna get it on your boyfriend's studio!!

    Kissesss!!!

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Hi Nico, I loved you post!

    In my opinion tattoo is a way to express something that you are, and why not consider this a kind of art? I like the possibility of having one but I never thought about what tattoo I would like to have or where to put it. I think it's very beautiful to have one that is unique and expresses something about you. If one day the courage appears I decide to have one, I already have the place to do it, I can contact my friend Rafael and he will make a good price for his friend. rsrssrsrs

    See you..

    ResponderExcluir
  8. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderExcluir
  9. Hello Nico...AS Kamila said, i dont know exactly what to say about tatoos. For those who make it, its a work of art...and i agree with my colleagues when they say its a way to express yourself, feelings, etc. I do not have courage to make one too, but ive already wished. Id would have a tatto, i would make flowers in my back, next to my shoulders. Or a star im my arm.

    Marla Abreu

    ResponderExcluir